To request a quote for windows, doors or a roof lantern contact email@example.com or call 01245 326510
Westbury Windows & Joinery manufacture high-quality timber windows, doors and conservatories. We are currently looking for factory operatives to join our expanding operation in South Woodham Ferrers.
We are seeking an individual who takes pride in their work and can work to our very high-quality standard, whilst meeting production deadlines. Close attention to detail is required for product quality assurance and consistency.
Previous experience of working in the window & door industry (Timber, PVC or Aluminium), particularly silicone glazing would be a great advantage, but training will also be given.
You will be employed within a specific part of the production line; however, assistance in other departments will be required as we aim to create versatility within the factory. Again, full training will be provided where needed.
The successful candidate should ideally have their own means of transport due to the location of our factory.
The position would include the following:
- Cutting glazing beads and bars to suit requirements
- Fitting glazing tape, glass, glazing beads and glazing bars.
- Using hand power tools; sanders, routers, mitre machines, and saws to carry out the above.
- Touching up painted areas and making good to various products.
- Ensuring all work is completed to the required standards.
- Maintaining stock of glazing tape, packers, pins, fittings and screws.
- Cutting & fitting weather gaskets in frames, casements, sliding sashes & doors.
- Fitting casements & sliding sashes onto window frames.
- Quality checking of finished products.
- Reporting any damaged glass, incorrect or missing units to the Factory Manager.
- Wrapping of finished products
- Assisting with the loading & unloading of lorries.
- The applicant must have a good command of spoken & written English and be able to work within a team.
- Free On-site parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- 21 Days Paid Holiday.
- Yearly Team Building Activity Days.
- Private Healthcare.
- Cooked Lunches (Optional).
- Overtime Opportunity at Enhanced Hourly Rate.
- Company Incentive Bonus Scheme.
- Company Lottery Scheme.
Working hours are 7.00am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: between £12.00 & £13.00 per hour (depending on experience).
Salary to be discussed at the interview
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application and CV to apply or call our team on 01245 326510