We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our Windows & Joinery Team.
Westbury Garden Rooms is a timber manufacturer of bespoke glazed and timber buildings including orangeries, conservatories, garden rooms, kitchen extensions and pool houses. Founded in 1988 by Jonathan Hey, Westbury remains a family run business based in Essex, working across the UK and Internationally.
Westbury Windows & Joinery was founded in 1992 following the success of Westbury Garden Rooms, and the growing demand from our customers to offer a range of timber windows and doors of the same quality and style.
We pride ourselves on our high-end brand and exceptional quality which is also reflected in the workplace having most recently been accredited Investors in People Gold.
About the role
This is a full-time position based in our head office in South Woodham Ferrers. You will also be required to travel in the UK to various customer sites and so holding a full and clean UK driving licence is essential.
We offer a great package including a competitive salary (dependent on experience), private healthcare and pension scheme.
- Carry out detail surveys of customer properties following a sale of windows and doors
- attend meetings with and liaise with sales team before survey to ascertain order requirements
- Book and schedule survey dates with sales team and customers
- Produce accurate survey reports and drawings to hand over to our processing team ready for production
- Complete required production paperwork for manufacturing
We are looking for an experienced timber window and door surveyor, someone who has good attention to detail and is methodical, and ideally has previous experience of working in a joinery business.
- Hold a supporting qualification for fenestration surveying
- Be experienced in surveying windows and doors on both residential properties and building sites to determine manufacturing sizes and details
- Be able to draw in Auto CAD (this is desirable otherwise training can be given)
- Have a proactive work ethic
- Have a good understanding of how windows and doors are installed
- Have a good working knowledge of current Building Regulations
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety practices and procedures on building sites
- Be teachable and willing to learn everything about Westbury design and products
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
If this is a description of you, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will receive for this role, we’re unable to personally take calls and respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.
No agencies, please.
*In accordance with current GDPR compliance, we will not hold any details/CV’s on file once the position is filled.